Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weight Loss Progress Report Aug 2012

Well, its been a while since I posted about my weight loss journey. I have been doing pretty good. Since I last posted, I have lost another 13 pounds! I have not been as diligent with my diet, as I was traveling in May and June. I gave myself the freedom from keeping track of my calories during that time period, and then I let it continue once I got home. I figured, "hey, its summertime, live a little!" Well, it's still technically summer, but since it is the beginning of the month, I'm going back to my Lose It! app and program to continue following my "diet."

I will say that I tried to stay close to what I know I should (and shouldn't be eating). I resisted most urges to indulge in heavy desserts or alcohol (except while eating out in Washington DC, I figure all the walking I did there counteracted the calories. Go girl math!).

I have noticed though, that by not counting calories, I have not lost weight in the last month. The good thing, though, I have not GAINED weight. And that makes me happy! This could be in part because I have taken up an exercise routine. I have started walking around my neighborhood every other day. I go every other day, because I feel this is a schedule I can keep up. Marshall has actually been pretty helpful, asking me (everyday it seems) if I have taken my walk. I try and do it early in the day, between 9 and 10AM, when it is not incredibly hot (although this IS Georgia, so it is always humid). The walk only takes me about 20 minutes, and is a little over a mile. I have been doing this for four weeks now, and I am very proud of myself. I will change my route a little, adding more distance, soon.

In my last post, I mentioned that I was excited to buy dresses for my brother's and my sister's upcoming weddings. I bought the perfect dress for my brother's wedding, and was beyond elated when I got it and tried it on. The description said that the dress ran large, so order one size smaller. I ordered a 14/16 which I have not fit in in YEARS! As for my sister's wedding, my mom and I went dress shopping while I was home, and you know how bridal shops have only a few sizes, so they have you try on the larger and pin it all up? The largest skirt they had in the style my sister picked was a 14, and it fit too! These are the type of things I need to document so that when I hit that wall of "I can't do this anymore" I can look back and remember what I have already accomplished and keep trucking on.

As part of my continued motivation, I want to list not only what I have lost in weight, but in inches.

Since I began this journey in September 2011 I have lost the following:

35 pounds
3 inches off my hips
3 inches off my chest
3 inches off my thighs
2 inches off my waist
1 inch off my calves
1/2 inch off my neck
1 inch off my forearms
2 inches off my biceps

I hope that I can be an inspiration to others, as well as myself.

December 2011, approximately 230 pounds

June 2011, 215 pounds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and showing your support!