Monday, August 2, 2010

Stand Up 2 Cancer!

Stand Up 2 Cancer was hugely successful in 2008, and they are doing it again, September 10, 2010!

How many other times in life can you remember the three major networks, ABC, NBC and CBS, simulcasting, with their top anchors on the same stage?

I know how difficult it was for me to watch the last broadcast, but I also know how very important it is for cancer research to get this kind of publicity. The Susan G Koman Foundation has brought breast cancer awareness to the forefront of Americans' minds, but breast cancer is not the only cancer out there. (I am sure at some point I will TRY and share my opinion on the pink phenomenon.)

Please tune in to this ground breaking broadcast. In 2008 SU2C raised over $100 million, and I really hope they can do even better this time around. Research needs money to end this horrible disease that tried to take my life, and succeeded at taking so many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and showing your support!