Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The BEST Medicine I've Found!

I remember back in July of 2003, I was taken off of certain medications, and told that I could drink alcohol again. Marshall and I had found a winery in Gatlinburg, TN called Smoky Mountain Winery, and fell in LOVE. They have about 20 types of wine, most made with muscadine grapes. Turns out these muscadine grapes are CHOCK FULL of antioxidants! I don't really believe in coincidences (I'm an "everything happens for a reason" kind of girl), so I attribute a lot of my survival on this wine. Around the time I began drinking it, my tumors started to get a lot smaller. First the lung tumors went away, and the tumor in the liver began to shrink.
I, along with my family, believe that chemo, prayer, and muscadine wine saved my life. I have found that MANY vineyards in the southeast grow muscadine grapes, however, a lot of this wine is very syrupy. I prefer a slightly sweet wine over dry, however, I prefer my wine very crisp. If you find yourself in Gatlinburg, the Smoky Mountain Winery is in Winerry Square, west of the Parkway, after 441/321 split. (We have also tried Apple Barn Winery and Mountain Valley Winery in nearby Sevierville and Pigeon Forge, TN and Chateau Elan, outside Atlanta, but they all fell into the syrupy category.) Duplin Winery in North Carolina was the first winery I found that would ship to New Mexico, and had decent wine, but now we stock up in Gatlinburg. My mom is even drinking it now to help with her blood disorder.
 
I personally love the Mountain Red and Mountain White, but also buy the Brookside White for cooking, as it is drier than the Mountain versions. And if you really prefer the sweet, but not necessarily dessert wines, the Muscadine White and Muscadine Red are really good too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and showing your support!